Macomber, Farr, & Whitten values you as a customer. We strongly believe in protecting the confidentiality and security of information we collect about you. This notice describes our privacy policies and practices to explain how we collect, protect, and share personal information about you in connection with the products and services we provide.
We collect information about you from:
- Our interactions with you, including applications, forms, interviews, communications, and visits to our website. Your decision to share information is voluntary, but refusal to do so may limit our ability to service your needs.
- Consumer reporting agencies, state motor vehicle departments, property inspection agencies, tax offices, medical providers, and medical information bureaus.
- Other insurance companies, as allowed by law, including claim reports, coverage detail, and policy status.
How we use this information & who we share it with:
- Our carriers, adjusting firms, brokers, and affiliated agencies underwrite and service your insurance or report your claim, including the Federal Marketplace Exchange.
- State agencies, lending institutions, your clients, subcontractors, or business associates as requested in order to provide proof of insurance.
- To those individuals, you authorize in writing on file at our agency.
- To you and those individuals considered a named insured under your policy.
- Courts and government agencies in response to court orders or legal investigations.
- Any third party within the scope of the law to perform the necessary function of providing insurance proposals and services to you.
How we protect your information:
Access to your information:
You have the right to obtain certain items of information that we have collected about you and request correction of information if you feel it is inaccurate. If we agree, we notate or correct our records accordingly. Certain information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of, any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available.
Macomber, Farr, & Whitten
P.O. Box 2269
Augusta, ME 04338-2269